Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beers and an Old Chair

Today I had a different Shopping experience. It was sunny, 5 degrees, wow :)

On the way to "Baresso" for the saturday morning cappuccino, I passed by an antique shop. I always pass by this shop. I always look at one chair that I love, and would like to buy. The shop is always closed when I pass by. Seems that the shop opens only twice a week for couple of hours only. Today, it was my lucky day, the shop is open and my chair was waiting there for me.
All it needed is a short bargaining about the price, and it became mine. I can say that today, I lost in the bargaining game that I love so much. I badly wanted the chair, and I was afraid to lose it. So I lost., but I feel like a winner. I love antique furniture. No, I don't understand in antique furniture, but there are few things and pieces that I would love to purchase and have in my apartment, house, home, or under whatever ceiling I would ever have.

So, here is my new "old" chair, it is simple, but it managed to charm me. The guy at the antique shop said it is from 19th century, I don't know whether to believe him or not, but don't care.

Speaking of shops that are always closed, there is another shop, a Beer shop, that I have never seen open. Today, as I mentioned, it was my lucky day, it was open. So we went into the shop, and it has a huge variety of Beers from all over the world, you can spend there so many hours just looking at the different bottles and shapes and designs. We didn't have much time, we spent just 10 minutes, and what we got, other than tasting a special Easter Beer made by my neighborhood brewery "Amager Brewery", is Three bottles of beer. Two are german, the one (in green) is a Wheat beer and the other (in red) is dark smoked beer. While the third bottle of beer is a Belgium beer based on Blueberries. 

The truth is that I didn't taste them yet, so I cannot tell how good they are, but i am definitely looking forward to check.

2 comments:

  1. We will be waiting to hear your opinion about the Beer .

    N.H.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, The Blueberries Beer was too wiered. very fruity, more likr alcoholic juice :-)

    ReplyDelete