Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Work work & a single man

It's been a long time since I wrote anything in my blog. I blame work. I am working a lot lately and when I arrive home I am exhausted and have no strength to do anything but lay down, eat something, do nothing and go to bed. It is not OK. I like it when I write. I even think of many topics that I want to share in my blog, but then I just do not do anything about it. Now, I am forcing myself to write something, anything,  just to return to the path of writing. It is almost mid of March and this will be my first blog of the month...

I just came back from a movie, "A single man". I've seen its promo trailer few times in the previous 2-3 weeks, and it seemed as one of those movies that it is worth watching. The promo, did not tell anything about the story itself about the nature of the story. Nada. It was obvious though that it is a life story, a sad story, but nothing more. That made me curious and tonight I went to find out.

A SINGLE MAN is a romantic tale of love interrupted...It is the struggle of a man to find meaning of his life, after the death of another man, his long term partner and lover. It is about grief. It is about awakening. It is about destiny.
I did not read about the movie before i went to watch it, and I was surprised to find out about the gay story in it - something that made me wonder how come the promo, poster, etc. didn't indicate anything about that and whether there were some hidden reasons? That was strange..
I enjoyed the movie a lot. The camera work, the music and ofcourse Colin Firth that was amazing. His acting was so good, I was fascinated. He made me feel with him, live with him and grab his thoughts with all my senses. Although sometimes the pace of the movie seemed to be way too slow, the music kept me alert and waiting for the next move. The sense of humor in some sence was a must and a great refreshment for the heaviness of the movie, it made it lighter and eased on digesting the grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment